“I’m going to have pancakes with a side of pancakes.” -Lorelai Gilmore (from Gilmore Girls)
Who doesn’t like pancakes? They’re like the ultimate comfort food. If you are a ‘breakfast lover’ like me, then you could literally eat them for breakfast AND dinner. I mean, I’m no fan of sugary, gluten-y, calorie bombs… but what if I told you that they didn’t have to be that way? That you could literally have your (pan)cake and eat it too? Well, my friends, you can! Cue these pancakes! They’re totally delicious, satisfying, naturally sweet and good for ya, too! They’re 100% gluten, dairy and soy free. They’re Paleo and I’ve included the vegan option as well (which I’ve made before and it’s equally as delicious)!
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 egg (or flax egg for vegan option)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon creamed honey (maple syrup for vegan option)
- In a medium bowl mash 1/2 banana with fork
- Add coconut flour, egg and cinnamon
- Mix well
- Over medium heat skillet divide batter into 5 small pancakes
- Lightly fry until done, flipping midway
So what are you waiting for?! Whip up some of these super-simple, seriously-satisfying pancakes and start your day on healthy note!