I don’t know if anyone can relate, but growing up I was OBSESSED with all things French. Every Christmas I’d get a new little Eiffel Tower ornament to add to my collection. In fact, my room was filled with more Eiffel Towers and French decorations than any French girl ever had! I switched out of Spanish and into French in high school, I watched informative video tours of France, I watched ‘House Hunters International’ to look for the perfect Parisian paradise, and I bought TONS (<<and I mean tons) of books on how to look, live, eat, drink, and dress like a French woman. In fact, French Woman Don’t Get Fat by Mireille Guiliano is still one of my FAVORITE weight loss/lifestyle books. Long story short, I’ve kind of always wanted to BE French!! So naturally, I really love French toast!
Being gluten, dairy, and soy free, it’s not that easy to enjoy just any French toast. My requirements make it challenging… but certainly not impossible. When I do make the effort to make my own, I want to make sure c’est delicieux!
- 2 slices gluten free toast (I use Canyon Bakehouse)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons prepared PB2
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a shallow bowl mix egg white, almond milk, and cinnamon
- Lightly coat each slice of bread in the mixture
- In a lightly greased hot skillet pan fry each side of the toasts
- Remove from heat
- Add the raspberries and heat until most of the water evaporates and the consistency is like jam
- Drizzle toasts with PB2, raspberry spread, and maple syrup
Of course, I topped my French toast with TONS of colorful fresh fruit. So tasty and satisfying. I ate this in the morning and it kept me full until after 2pm. Now that’s my kind of breakfast!
How about you? Did you ever want to BE French? How do you make YOUR favorite French toast?