‘High fives’ for yoga vibes!
I don’t know about you, but I love yoga. Next to walking (which will always be my #1) yoga is my favorite form of exercise. As you can probably infer from my two fave activities, I like to take a calm, relaxing and peaceful path to fitness. That’s the approach I take with eating and with life in general… so it’s only natural that this is how I prefer to keep fit.
Today I want to share some of the amazing benefits of doing yoga. No, I’m not saying that you need to be a ‘pro-yogi’ or that you need to drop down into pigeon pose this minute. But I am saying that practicing yoga, even just a couple times a week, has HUGE benefits that affect all areas of your life.
Here are some of the beneficial effects of yoga:
- It creates consciousness and promotes healthy breathing.
- It builds better posture and strengthens your spine.
- It Increases flexibility and improves core strength.
- It helps to lower blood pressure.
- It helps to create a healthy balanced relationship with food (by promoting mindfulness).
- It calms you down (a great way to de-stress after a long day!)
- It improves your balance.
- It helps fight insomnia and promotes healthy sleep.
- It reduces digestive distress and promotes regulation.
- It increases happiness and an internal sense of calm!
Those are just a few of the benefits of yoga… believe me, there are MANY more! My advice? Go do some yoga! Even if it’s just a quick Sun Salutation, it’ll get your body moving and relax your mind!
Do you love yoga? What are your favorite ways to stay fit?