Ohhhh, pancakes… Yumm… Pancakes are such a special breakfast. Something about them just screams “Saturday!” So when you and your bestie (who both love fun, healthy food) have a sleepover, making pancakes for breakfast is the respectful, responsible, relaxing thing to do. But how, exactly do you go about finding a recipe you can both enjoy when you’re gluten, dairy and soy free… and she’s a vegan? Well, you create your own!
These are pretty similar to the banana pancakes I’ve made before (under Recipes), but they’re totally plants based and a little sweeter (with no sugar added). The key to extra sweetness? Apple flour! The only ingredient is apples! Genius, right? I use Anti Grain apple flour. This adds natural sweetness, making these pancakes naturally delicious! Coconut flour can be swapped for the apple flour and you’re still going to love them. Without further ado, here’s the recipe!
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 prepared flax "egg" (1 tablespoon ground flax seed + 2 tablespoons water)
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) apple flour (can sub for more coconut flour)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- Dash cinnamon
- Prepare flax "egg" and set aside (mix flax seed with water)
- Mash banana
- Mix flours with banana, "egg" and cinnamon
- Pan fry until golden and delicious!
What about you? Do you have a favorite pancake recipe? What’s your fave topping??