My first post ever was about Superfoods! I talked about what a ‘superfood’ was and I introduced the first segment on my blog with the title “Saturday Superfoods!”2. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? Why?
I would go to Southern France because… a) I’ve wanted to go to Europe for at least 5 years now, ever since I fell in love with Paris (and all things “French”). b) because it’s so warm and beautiful! I’d hit up a little town and visit all the local cafes. I’d buy fresh produce and walk everywhere! …now I’m dreaming!
3. What do you do to take a break when you are stressed out?
Hmmm… this can be difficult for me. I struggle with insomnia which seems to get so much worse with stress. I find the best way to reduce stress is to prevent it! Instead of freaking out about it, I try to put things in perspective. There are so many great Bible verses that help me with this, but two of my favorite verses to help reduce and prevent stress are:
1 Peter 5:7- “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
Philippians 4:6- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
These verses remind me that I don’t have to get anxious and stressed about the trials of life. I don’t have to figure everything out. Instead, I can rely on Christ’s strength to get me through. That is such a relief!
4. What is your all time favorite food?
Ohhh, this is a tough one! I have a lot of favorites, but if we’re talking strictly taste and not nutritional value here, I’d have to say I LOVE chocolate! Especially the dark variety (which is actually kind of healthy). But I do LOVE other more nourishing foods as well! See sweet potatoes, all sorts of fresh fruits, and nutrition bars! YUM!
That’s easy! Snacking! Lately, I have found myself snacking way more than I should! I’ll come back to my room and just munch. But I’m really trying to break the habit and focus on eating bigger (but healthy) meals that fill me up and keep me satisfied longer. It’s not easy, but habits can be broken! In fact, my last post was about forming healthy habits!6. Where/when is your favourite place/time to blog?
Well, honestly, it is a bit sporadic for me, as in, I don’t have one set time or place to blog. I mentioned that I have insomnia so I’d be lying if I said some of my posts weren’t written at 2AM! But usually I write them after classes in my dorm room.
7. What aspect of your blog are you most proud of?
That’s a tough one, but I guess I’d have to say the fact that my blog actually has followers! When I first started, I was so new to the whole process and I was afraid that I wouldn’t know what to say! But by God’s grace, it grew! I have been able to connect with such an amazing community of supportive bloggers who aim for living a healthy and nourished life. They all inspire me in the process!
Smoothies! Hands down! I enjoyed one this morning (pineapple, spinach, coconut) and I’m actually drinking one right now as I write this (for an afternoon snack). I love how easy and quick they are to make… just takes like 2 minutes, plus I can make them in my dorm room. I made a ‘juice’ over break and it took a good 20 minutes just to get everything all ready and ‘juiced’… the machine takes forever to clean out! Plus, smoothies have fiber so they are so much more filling!!9. Are you a morning person or a night person? Favourite meal of the day?
Hmmmm… this is a tricky question for me because it can literally change. During the summers I work at a camp and I find that the more I have to get up in the AM, the more I become a morning person… but at the same time, I do love to sleep in… so I guess I’m just an afternoon person… that’s a safe bet! And I’d have to say that my favorite meal is dinner! I love going to dinner and just socializing with my friends!
10. Lastly, why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because some of my friends told me that I should have my own Youtube channel (I tend to get super excited about health and nutrition)! I figured blogging would be a cool way of expressing my passion! Also, I am planning to become a Registered Dietician and God-willing I’d like to become a motivational speaker for health/nutrition and maybe even write my own book about the subject! I figure blogging is a good place to get started! Plus, now that I’ve been doing it for almost 9 months, I consider my blog my little baby! I love to watch it grow 🙂
Okay, here are The Liebster Award Rules:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following)
- You must create 10 questions for your nominees
- You must go to their blogs and notifiy the nominees
- Jess @http://dearhealthyness.com/
- Shundara @http://www.savynaturalista.com/
- Emily @http://smilemilegirl.wordpress.com/
- Kari @http://www.bitesizedthoughts.com/
- Stacie @http://simplysouthernstacie.org/
- Aurora @http://fitnessissweet.com/
- Ellie @http://www.fitforthesoul.com/
- Sky @http://theblondeinblack.wordpress.com/
- Marcie @http://flavorthemoments.com/
- Liz @http://www.thatskinnychickcanbake.com/
- What got you interested in blogging?
- What are some goals you have for your blog?
- How do you stay motivated to eat right and be active?
- What are some tips you have to increase motivation?
- What is your favorite ‘treat’ food?
- In a typical day, what would you usually eat?
- What is your workout routine?
- Do you like to cook more or bake more?
- How did you form healthy habits that last?
- Do you restrict junk food or eat it in moderation?
What about you? Feel free to answer any of these questions in the comments below! I’d love to know what you guys are thinking!