-George Bernard ShawWhen was the last time you enjoyed a really fun playdate? Just the other day I went to the beach with my baby cousin, Grayson! This cutie is 5 months old! We played around together and had a blast! And guess what… playing is good for you! Here are 5 benefits of ‘play time’ regardless of your age!
- Playing keeps you feeling young- Interacting with a child boosts your energy levels, burns calories, and helps you feel your best!
- Playing boosts your creativity- It stimulates your imagination and helps you solve problems!
- Playing improves brain function- It helps to balance your emotions, ward off sadness, and helps to fight against depression.
- Playing relieves stress- Playing results in the release of endorphins that help you feel calm and relaxed. It takes your mind off your problems.
- Playing improves relationships- Laughing and having fun helps cultivate social skills. Who doesn’t love to spend time with a light-hearted happy friend?
So go ahead! Volunteer in your church nursery, help a young mom by babysitting her little angels, go visit your younger cousins, nieces and nephews. Take a walk to your local playground this week and meet some new friends!
How about you?! Don’t you think it’s about time for a playdate?