1. Kit’s Organic- These bars are seriously amazing! Nothing settles my stomach like a Kit’s Organic bar. Can you say, “tummy love?” Made by Clif, these bars are simple fruit and nut bars with only 4 or 5 ingredients. They have four different kinds: Berry Almond, Cashew, Coconut Chocolate Almond, and Peanut Butter! My favorite is the Peanut Butter, but they are all delicious! The Coconut Chocolate Almond tastes like a healthy brownie!! Yum… they have anywhere between 170- 200 calories and about 8- 12 grams of fat each. Also these bars have a modest amount of protein (3-6 grams), but they do have a high amount of sugar (up to 16 grams)… but I let it slide because most of the sugar comes from dates, which is the first ingredient. This means that rather than taking in any kind of refined sugar, my body is getting dried fruit, albeit high in natural sugars. It also comes brimming with vital nutrients and fiber! I’ll take that!
2. Larabar Uber- Oh my goodness!! These bars are so tasty! Literally they’re like dessert!! Seriously, once you try one you will be hooked! Uber bars are available in 6 different flavors. I have tried 4 of them: Nut Roll, Bananas Foster, Apple Turnover, and Cherry Cobbler. They also have; Sticky Bun and Coconut Macaroon! I’ve never tried them, but I can’t wait to. If they are anything like the others they will be delicious. Okay, more about the nutrition of these bars. Each bar has around 200 calories, give or take, and they have about 4 grams of protein as well. Also, they have a decent amount of fat, but I don’t worry about that. Since I eat a plant based diet most of the time, I don’t feel guilty for indulging on nuts; after all, that is where most of the fat is coming from in these bars. Ultimately, Uber bars are “uber” delicious. If you’ve never tried one you’re missing out!
3. Bora Bora- Oh boy these bars are so yummy! I literally just ate one alongside a Vegan Mango-Apricot Smoothie I made… tummy love! Anyways, these bars are All Natural, Gluten-free and Certified Vegan. I had the Tropical Sesame Cranberry- Superfood flavor. It contains 11 grams of fat,190 calories, 5 grams of protein, and 11 grams of sugar. But the sugar in these bars comes from Organic agave nectar, brown rice syrup, apple juice and raisins/ dried cranberries. Seriously, these bars are studded with delicious dried fruits, nuts and seeds… a definite go-to bar!
4. Taste of Nature Exotics- Okay, this bar is actually a special treat! I just picked a couple up on a recent trip to Montreal. They had multiple kinds available, but I figured it was only fitting to get the Canadian Maple Forest flavor! This Organic Snack Bar contains 190 calories, 12 grams of fat (again from the nuts), sadly it has only 3 grams of protein and 8 grams of sugar. Although, the good news is that I can clearly read all of the ingredients. No funky chemicals here… just good stuff, like pecans, apricots, agave nectar, brown rice crisps and maple syrup! Yum, yum! Plus, it’s certified Gluten-free and Vegan!
5. Glenny’s Whole Fruit and Nut Bar- Glenny’s makes a mean nutrition bar… completely delicious! The bar I have pictured above is ‘Classic Fruit and Nut,’ but they have plenty of other flavors, including; ‘Cashew and Almond’ and even ‘Peanuts and Peanut Butter!’ Classic Fruit and Nut is sweetened with honey so it’s not vegan, but it is dairy-free and gluten-free. Also it’s a smaller bar so it only has 140 calories and 6 grams of fat… but it does have 12 grams of sugar. This is a very sweet bar, so it’s perfect if you’re craving a healthier dessert!
Ultimately, all of these bars are delicious, filling, plant-based and satisfying. None of the companies paid me or even asked me to review their products… rather I just love all these bars so much that I wanted to share them with you!
Have you ever tried any of these bars? Do you have a different favorite that I missed out on? I’d love to hear, so please let me know! Thanks for listening and have a happy, healthy day!!