“Pure water is the world’s first and foremost medicine.” ~Slovakian Proverb
I LOVE water! Water is hydrating, nourishing, and life-giving. Water quenches my thirst and gives me energy to tackle the day! Drinking more water is something we’re often told to do… but how many of us are actually drinking enough? According to the Mayo Clinic, women should consume 9 cups a day, and men, even more. I don’t go anywhere without my own travel cup- filled with ice cold refreshing H2O! There have been a number of reports lately telling us that we really don’t need to force ourselves to drink so much water. Well, I certainly hope that no one is “forcing” it! In fact, you can get plenty of hydration in your fruits, veggies, coffee and tea, but there’s something cool and wonderful about this inexpensive, natural, God-given beverage!
Here are just a few benefits of staying hydrated!
1. Weight loss- Looking to drop a few?! Switch your usual soda or juice to water and you’ll nix calories in no time!
2. Energy- Increased water consumption is actually closely related to increased energy. Many of us are dehydrated and don’t even know it! So grab you Camelback and drink up!
3. Better exercise- Water hydrates your cells, giving you energy and sustainability when it comes to that tough workout.
4. Better skin- Are you looking to clear up your skin?! Try water! It’s so hydrating and detoxifying! That often results in clear skin, naturally!
5. Brain function- studies have shown that any level of dehydration can limit your brain function. To keep your brain performing at its best… stay hydrated!
6. Healthy digestion- what better way to keep everything moving than staying hydrated?! Need I say more?
So what are you waiting for?! Take a dive into a cool, refreshing glass of H2O! Drink up!