Psalm 118:24 - "This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

Summertime is full of 'Sweet Nothings!'  There are so many things to be thankful for!  Think early morning sunrises on the beach, long lazy days and sensational sunsets.  There's walking and swimming, reading and relaxing.  And don't forget all the fresh fruits and veggies... plump round blueberries, juicy red cherries, colorful peppers and sweet succulent corn on the cob.  I love cute little skirts and matching sandals (or 'bumming it' and going barefoot),  big sunglasses and creamy sun screen.  Seriously, summer is by far my favorite season!  I love hitting up cute cafes with friends for an delicious afternoon lunch (see above)!

I love ICE CREAM.  Seriously.  It's really quite simple.  Ice cream + Cailee = Happiness!
FAMILY!  I work at a Christian Resort for the summer and I am lucky to have my whole family come up to visit. These are just a few of my cousins.
Okay, I'm so excited to tell you guys something CRAZY!  In honor of #foodfreedom, I decided that I'm going to start eating gluten again!!  I know...crazy, right?  I mean, I went over a year without eating it.  I didn't really cheat either. I didn't have a slice of pizza, or bread or cake.  Can you believe that?  Don't worry... I talked to my doctor about it and she told me that it would be okay to add gluten back into my diet as long as I did it SLOWLY and listened to my body.

This was critical because at first I had headaches and stomach pains... but now I feel fine eating it (in moderation, of course)!  My first "gluten-y" meal?  Spaghetti squash with chicken and pesto and a side of homemade BREAD... yes, BREAD.  YUM!  Going gluten-free definitely solved some pretty significant health issues I was having, so I'll keep you posted as to how this all works out, but at this point I'm enjoying a little gluten.

How about you?!  Has anyone gone 'back to gluten'?   And what are some 'sweet nothings' that are going on in your life this summer?

Comments

07/10/2014 1:03pm

That's awesome that you are enjoying gluten :-) And that your cousins came to visit you! Fall is my favorite season, but summer rocks too!

07/14/2014 11:52am

Fall is a great season too!! I look forward to it at the end of summer!! LOVE the fashion!!

07/10/2014 1:37pm

Sounds likes your having a great summer. Some of my sweet nothing would be morning coffee on our front porch and watching our new kitties play! I'm glad you are doing okay with slowly adding gluten!

07/14/2014 12:51pm

Thank you!! And wow!! Those sound like such sweet, fun things!!

07/10/2014 5:39pm

Ooohhhh I really hope you write about your work at the camp experience! And although I never went gluten free, I have tried to adopt many gluten free options if/when time and situation allow. I try to eat gf foods if I can at the moment, but I don't stress about it if not. I'm not sure if gluten does affect me, but I have noticed that whenever I eat heavy gluten-y foods like pizza, pasta, and the like, I end up feeling kind of sick. This was before I even knew anything about gluten though! But then again, it doesn't KILL me, and it's not like that 100% of the time...just most of the time. Who knows?!! Haha. But I think it's awesome that you're finding freedom in things, including food!

07/14/2014 12:52pm

Thanks Ellie!! And yeah... I really found it helpful being gluten free... but I also felt a bit restricted... I LOVE your mindset though... it's really all about balance!

I am right there with you on the ice cream! I can eat it any time of day, any time of year...it's a problem.

I hope your transition back into the gluten world goes well! I'm so excited for you to eat some pizza again : )

07/14/2014 12:54pm

Haha!! Thanks! I can't wait to have my first slice!! So excited! And yeah... ice cream is the best!!

07/11/2014 5:55am

Sounds like you have a great summer job! Must be so fun to have your family visit you. And good luck with adding gluten back into your diet! I can't imagine for going that long with bread or pizza! :)

07/14/2014 12:56pm

Thanks so much! It's a blast! And yeah... I don't know how I went that long without it either. After I had my first taste of gluten again I was like, "How did I willingly go a year without this...???"

I am actually starting to cut back on gluten to see if it makes me feel any better.
One of the best things about summer is all the seasonal fruit and vegetables - it is all so amazing.

07/14/2014 12:56pm

YES! Well I wish you the best of luck in your journey!! :)

07/11/2014 1:07pm

How awesome that you're introducing gluten back into your diet! Sounds like it's off to a great start. =) And I love all the little happies that summertime brings for you - you have such a lovely, positive attitude! I love summertime, too. =)

07/14/2014 12:58pm

Aww!! Thanks Amy! You are so encouraging! :) ...and it's life's what you make it, then why not look on the bright side?!

07/11/2014 1:08pm

That lunch up there (first pic) looks delicious.

And good luck with going back to gluten. :)

07/14/2014 12:59pm

Thanks!! It was! And thanks... hopefully I can continue to eat (and enjoy :p) it!!

07/11/2014 6:48pm

That ice cream looks AMAZING. What really is better for summer? I've never cut out gluten but my roommate at school has an allergy so she can't eat it so I understand how difficult the whole thing can be! I hope everything goes well with reintroducing it!

07/14/2014 3:26pm

Thanks Aurora!! And yeah... I LOVE ice cream! It's one of my fave treats... besides brownies! :)

Oh gosh, a year without gluten? That's impressive! I'm pretty sure my first meal would also be bread :). I am also loving all the fresh fruit that summer brings, nothing beats it!

07/14/2014 3:30pm

Yes!! That is so nice! :) LOVE bread... haha!

07/12/2014 9:38am

Agreed - there are so many wonderful things to be thankful for!

I've never cut out gluten so I have no experience there! haha And homemade bread is seriously the best!

07/14/2014 3:35pm

Yes!! There are! :) `I LOVE homemade bread!

07/12/2014 12:02pm

You are always so happy and positive! It's really motivating. Happy to read having gluten again is going well. Don't know how you did it for so long. I would've caved!

07/14/2014 3:36pm

Thank you! Haha... i don't know how I lasted?! Haha...

07/13/2014 9:55am

So many fun developments! Good for you, girl! I always enjoy your positive outlook and big smile! =)

07/14/2014 3:36pm

Thank you!! :)

07/13/2014 10:28am

I loooooove ice cream too!! :P
That's so neat that your family visited you! I love seeing all my family, but I don't get to see them nearly enough!
I think it's great that you're adding some gluten back into your diet. I enjoy eating gluten free when I can, but there are just too many delicious foods that have gluten! :)

07/14/2014 5:42pm

Yes!! Gluten is good... too good!! Haha, yeah... it did help a lot being gluten free for a while... we'll see how it goes!!

I love summer and ice cream too! I just treated myself to fro yo last night actually.

I'll be interested in hearing how adding gluten back in goes for you. I went gluten free for just a few months earlier this year and experienced no changes in my health, so I added it back in...because I love me some fresh bread! And homemade pizza!

07/14/2014 5:46pm

YUM! Those sound delicious!! :) And yes!! I will def let you know how it all goes :)

07/13/2014 9:51pm

Girl!!! No gluten for me. I haven't had gluten in 12 years and my stomach cannot handle it! I am glad you're feeling okay with it though :) It just goes to show that everyone is built differently!

07/14/2014 5:48pm

You are so right! Glad it is working well for you though!! :)

Emily Waaler
07/14/2014 10:00am

It Is great to see you in so many photos, all of my family is following your blogs!

07/14/2014 5:48pm

Thanks Emily!! You are so sweet and I'm glad to hear that you like them!!

07/14/2014 11:22am

Summer is actually my least favorite season (sorry lady) but I do love spending time in cafes with friends and eating ice cream (in abundance!) :) The little things...

07/14/2014 5:52pm

Haha! To each her own! And yes! I agree... it's all about the little things!!

07/15/2014 8:10pm

Love your positive and upbeat attitude :) Glad you are enjoying having gluten back in your life again!

07/17/2014 9:22am